New Year's Resolutions for Law Applicants

If I were a law school applicant, these would be my New Year's Resolutions:

1. I will not judge my worth as a person by my LSAT score.

2. I will not judge my worth as a person by the law schools that choose to admit me.

3. I will continue to do everything in my power to craft professional, mature, careful and well-reasoned communications with the law schools that I hope to attend.

4. I will try to be a well-rounded person and learn new things about the world, whether or not those things are law related.

5. I will work to keep things in perspective and make time for the people who matter most to me.

These are the values I hope to instill in those of you applying to law school.

Personally, here are my New Year's Resolutions: To love my husband and daughters the best I can, to put forward my best advice and efforts in assisting law school applicants in reaching their goals, to get to the gym three times a week instead of just two, and to make time to pick up my knitting needles again (which will, in turn, hopefully keep my fingers from on-line shopping).

No matter your resolutions this year, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. May this be a year of fresh starts and exciting challenges for all of my law school applicant and pre-law candidate readers.